Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Pigs in a Blanket

I was hungry today, and decided to make some food, and looking around, I had the following in the fridge:

Milk (About 1 pint or so)
Cake, Cake and more cake (3 cakes, probably all bad, cooked weekend before last)
1 piece of KFC crispy chicken (drumstick) 
A little cheese
Turkey
Hot Dogs
Oranges
Onion
1 Lime
Lots of butter

Nothing really dedicated for a meal, considering we had no sliced bread, or any hot dog buns. I decided I would make Pigs in a Blanket, but I would have to make it from scratch. Usually Crescent rolls are the preferred blanket for the pigs, but I didn't have Crescent rolls, and I didn't know how to make them. I had plenty of flour, plenty of baking powder, shortnening, butter, so I figured biscuits would be a good blanket for the pigs. 

I found an old Betty Crocker recipe for biscuits, and I don't have it in front of me, but here goes:

2 cups flour
1 tsp of salt
2.5 tsp of baking powder
2/3 cup of milk
2/3 cup of shortning

Turn on oven to 425 degrees. Mix all together, knead, flour a surface and knead it together. Roll it out and cut it in biscuit shapes for biscuits. I took the leftover, and instead of re-kneading and cutting more biscuits, take the leftover and wrap it around the hot dogs, don't make it too thick or else there will be a lot of dough and not enough pig. after all is prepared, stick on a pan and put in the oven for about 20-25 minutes until cooked to desired look. 

It tastes pretty good. I really wanted to go out and have something nice for dinner, but ended up having biscuits and hot dogs. It was good anyways. Maybe something nice for dinner tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment